There’s something about the winter holidays that calls for fresh baked goods and sweet treats. Most likely the need to stay away from the cold. Here’s my favourite (and I must add, quickest) recipe for sugar cookies that’s been in our family for quite some time.
Nargess’ Sugar Cookie Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add slowly to butter cream mixture until incorporated.
- Roll out on lightly floured board to desired thickness.
- Cutout 2-1/2″ hearts and bake at 400 degrees for 7- 10 minutes.
Should be light in color with light browning on the edges.
Yields 24 cookies.
If you don’t time to bake yourself, visit our friends at Soirette for a variety of baked goods that will satisfy your sweets cravings during the holidays (or all year, for that matter).
Photos credit via Pinterest
Comment below to share your special holiday baking recipes.