Certainly not the start of Fall many of us envisioned. While the vaccine shows much promise, we have some ways to go. Many of us long for pre-COVID days, large gatherings, and the good old days. For (at least) the coming months, and the upcoming summer covid wedding season, we know how to proceed with socially distanced events. Given the likelihood of larger weddings looking slim, we’ve rounded up our pro-tips for scaling down your wedding.
If your life plans allow for an extra year of planning, we are here to support and help you have you plan your 2022 wedding. BUT if you’re ready to proceed with your wedding plans, I’m sharing our top pro tips when it comes to scaling down NOTHING but the guest count! Because in the end, all that matters is you + your love. Everything else is simply extra!
- Elevate the Guest experience. Consider hiring a band, string quartet, or (entertainment) performers that can add an element of interaction to your ceremony or reception. Think outside the box. Magicians, live painters and aerialists are just a few of our favourite ways to add to the overall guest experience.
- Consider unique elements when it comes to decor + design ~ Just because you’re not having a 150 person wedding doesn’t mean it has to be any less glam! Smaller guest count definitely frees up some wiggle room when it comes to decor + design. Look into designs that speak to your couple style. Find the best decor to give your intimate wedding the utmost attention it so deserves!
- Choose Wisely ~ Trimming the guest count is never easy, but when you’re limited by size restrictions, a simple family chart can help pin point the must have guests, and hopefully free up a few spots for close friends! And NO you should not feel any guilt for not being able to include more friends, co-workers or extend family. Everyone understands, after all we’ve been living with this new covid-lifestyle for 11 months now.
- Make it an evening to remember. While intimate events are truly memorable and oh sooo romantic, dancing is currently not allowed. While everyone loves a good party, good food is not too far behind. Consider offering a customized menu that incorporates your favourite dishes. A special family recipe, or a nod to your background! You can simply never go wrong with good food.
- Consider live streaming your events for out of town guests, friends, and family who are not able to attend. Look into videographers who offer live streaming. Videographers who will also send a highlight reel that encompasses the key moments of the day!
- Look into outdoor venues. We don’t have the year round sunshine like our friends down in California. Though, there are plenty of options when it comes to outdoor venues. Especially in Vancouver and throughout the province. It’s definitely worth the extra research if you’re looking for a winery, tents under the stars, or a venue that offers a covered terrace, . We’re definitely seeing a trend leaning towards outdoor venues as guests feel more comfortable being outside! Our favourites include the urban roof top oasis at Pac Rim, Brockhouse, Hycroft, and the Botanical gardens to name a few. Be sure to get in touch as we’re here and happy to support you with different levels of services.
There’s nothing more beautiful than celebrating a union. No matter what (guest) size, your day will be perfect. Because in the end, all that matters is LOVE.
Aleen October 27, 2021
Interesting blog, it helps me out to plan mine (WINTER WEDDING)
Leave a comment